4-6 slices of bacon, cooked till crispy, crumbled and set aside
1 lb of chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
1 large garlic clove, minced
6-8 Sundried tomato halves, chopped up
2 Tab of the oil the tomatoes came in or Olive Oil, divided
1 small bunch of basil leaves, sliced into thin slivers (save some to sprinkle on top before serving)
Salt and pepper
1 cup of light cream - optional
- In a large frying pan heat up the oil on medium heat, add the minced garlic and sauté for 30 sec.
- Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper and sauté till done. Remove from pan.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan and stir in the chopped sundried tomatoes, cook for 30 seconds. Add the chopped basil, cook for another 30 seconds and finally add the chicken.
- Stir well and sprinkle the crushed bacon on top when you serve it. This version works really well with a short pasta or zoodles, tossed well.
- Stir in one cup of light cream before serving and topping with the bacon. This version is perfect for a long pasta or rice.
Enjoy and let us know how you decided to prepare it.