The 21 day challenge was presented to us in Bible study through our most recent study, The Joy of Seeking God First by Anita Keagy with JoyShop Ministries. Throughout the study she helps and encourages you to make a daily habit of spending time with God and helps you put all that you've learned into practice by challenging you to read a chapter a day of the gospel of John for 21 days. She helps guide you through this daily time by following 5 steps, or 5 R's (download the PDF file at the bottom of the post for more details on these):
- A key verse from each chapter for you to record
- Make a request to Jesus to reveal Himself to you
- The reading assignment - 1 chapter each day where you should make notes and highlight any verses that speak to you
- A time of reflection - she provides questions in her workbook but you could also simply journal your thoughts and important verses
- A time of response where you pray God's word back to Him. It is also a time to obey what He's asked you to do; worship Him; expect Him to follow through on His word; and Repent any sins
If you desire to know God more, to see what changes for the better can happen in your life that make you more holy just as He is holy, I greatly encourage you to start this challenge today.
If you desire to know God more, to see what changes for the better can happen in your life that make you more holy just as He is holy, I greatly encourage you to start this challenge today. Start with John and then go on to another "letter" from there. And even more so share how it's going with those around you and in our comments. We would love to hear about how God is moving in your life!