If you are busy planning/preparing your Thanksgiving menu, or if you are just not a dessert-baking person but need to make something for your family gathering, then THIS is the recipe for you!! It is one of the easiest recipes (truly) I've ever used to make a delicious autumn dessert (truly). I hope you like it as much as I do!
- 1 Spice Cake box mix (if spice cake mix is not available, try using yellow cake mix!)
- 1 (15 oz.) can of pumpkin puree (I've definitely seen pumpkin puree at Price Smart Guatemala. Let me know if you've found it in any other stores here in Guatemala!)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mix the spice cake mix and pumpkin in a bowl together until there are no lumps (It will look/be thick!)
- (Optional step: Mix in chocolate chips)
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto the baking sheet, about 2 inches apart
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, until edges start to golden
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes on your baking sheet. Transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
Note: These cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days. (Monica's side comment: But really, they won't last 3 days. You'll eat them all before then.)
If you try this recipe out, please do let me know in the comments below! And no matter what you do make for your family, I hope you all have a wonderful, cozy time together. Happy Thanksgiving!
Cookies and Cups Blog
Cookies and Cups Recipe for 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Cookies